1 1/2 cups (180 g) all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbs white sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 Tbs Monroe’s Orchard maple syrup
2 Tbs melted butter
1 1/4 cups (150 g) powdered sugar
3 Tbs Monroe’s Orchard maple syrup
2 Tbs water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add Monroe’s Orchard maple syrup to heavy cream.
- Pour cream mixture into flour mixture and stir until just blended. Dough should not be sticky. Add more flour if too wet, or cream if too dry.
- Pour out onto lightly floured surface and shape into round disk shape and cut into triangles.
- Transfer to parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes depending on how large you make your triangles.
- Let cool for five minutes.
- Mix ingredients together, adding water until desired thickness.
- Spoon over scones and let cool and set for about 10 minutes.
From the Kitchen of: